Chief Master Sergeant Nathaniel M. Perry Jr. is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 11th Wing and Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. In this role, he advises the commander on all enlisted force matters and on issues regarding the welfare, readiness, utilization, morale and quality of life for personnel across six wings, two headquarters, more than 84 tenant organizations, as well as 60,000 Airmen and families in the National Capital Region and around the world. The 11th Wing supports contingency operations in our nation's Capital with immediate response rotary-assets. It also provides security for the world's highest visibility flight line and is responsible for ceremonial support with the United States Air Force Band, Honor Guard, and Air Force Arlington Chaplaincy.
Chief Perry was raised in Hammond, Louisiana and entered the Air Force in September 1992. He began his military career as an Inventory Management Specialist and later retrained into the Mental Health career field. Chief Perry has served in a variety of leadership positions at the squadron, group, and MAJCOM levels. His duties have included tours as a first sergeant, group superintendent, and MAJCOM functional manager. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 79th Medical Wing on Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. Chief Perry has deployed in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM and overseas contingencies operations.
1992 Inventory Management Course - Lowry AFB, Colo. 1996 Airman Leadership School - Keesler AFB, Miss.
1997 Mental Health Apprentice Course - Sheppard AFB, Texas
2001 National Certification as Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy - Keesler AFB, Miss.
2006 Associates Degree in Business Administration/Logistics Management - CCAF
2006 Associates Degree in Mental Health Services - CCAF
2008 USAF SNCO Academy Correspondence Course
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy - Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2011 Associates Degree in Human Resource Management – CCAF
2012 Bachelors of Applied Science Degree in Management –Wayland Baptist University
2013 Air Force Medical Service Intermediate Executive Skills Course - San Antonio, Texas
2015 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course – San Antonio, Texas
2015 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century – Knoxville, Tenn.
2016 Enterprise Leadership Seminar – Chapel Hill, N.C.
2016 China and East Asia Seminar – Washington D.C.
1. September 1992 – November 1992, Basic Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. November 1992 – January 1993, Student, Inventory Management Technical Training, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. January 1993 – September 1995, Demand Processing Specialist, March AFB, Calif.
4. September 1995 – January 1997, Storage and Issue Apprentice, Keesler AFB, Miss.
5. January 1997 – October 1997, NCOIC, Individual Equipment Section, Keesler AFB, Miss.
6. October 1997 – January 1998, Student, Mental Health Technical Training School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
7. January 1998 – May 1999, Exceptional Family Member Program Coordinator, Sheppard AFB, Texas
8. May 1999 – August 2000, Neuropsychological Testing Technician, Sheppard AFB, Texas
9. August 2000 – August 2001, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment Technician, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
10. August 2001 – June 2002, Assistant NCOIC, Mental Health Clinic, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
11. June 2002 – October 2004, NCOIC, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
12. October 2004 – October 2007, NCOIC, Behavioral Health Flight, Minot AFB, N.D.
13. October 2007 – November 2008, NCOIC, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
14. November 2008 – November 2010, Flight Chief, Mental Health Flight, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska (Deployed 2009- 2010, Superintendent, Combat 15. Stress Detachment, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
16. November 2010 – May 2012, First Sergeant, 811th Operations Group, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
17. May 2012 – Nov 2013, First Sergeant, 11th Civil Engineer Squadron, Joint Base Andrews, Md. (Deployed, 2012 – 2013, Senior Enlisted Leader, USCENTCOM Forward HQ, Southwest Asia)
18. Nov 2013 – Oct 2014, Mental Health MAJCOM Functional Manager, AFGSC, Barksdale AFB, La.
19. Oct 2014 – January 2016 Group Superintendent, 377th Medical Group, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
20. January 2016 – January 2017, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 79th Medical Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
21. January 2017- Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 11th Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
MAJOR AWARDS ANDDECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver and one bronze oak leaf cluster Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters Northern Atlantic Treaty Organization Medal (ISAF)
2005 – Air Combat Command GEICO Military Service Award, Minot AFB, N.D.
2006 – Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2007 – Air Combat Command Mental Health Services Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Minot AFB, N.D. 2009 – 455th Expeditionary Air Wing SNCO of the Month, Bagram AB, Afghanistan
2010 – United States Air Force Mental Health Services Outstanding Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2011 – Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala. 2011 – 11th Wing First Sergeant of the Year and Team Andrews First Sergeant of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant November 2014
(Current as of January 2017)