Chief Master Sergeant Thomas C. Daniels is the Command Chief of the 11th Wing and Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. In this role, he advises the commander on all enlisted force matters and on issues regarding the welfare, readiness, utilization, morale and quality of life for personnel across five wings, three headquarters, more than 80 tenant organizations, as well as 60,000 Airmen and families in the National Capital Region and around the world. The 11th Wing supports contingency operations in our nation's Capital with immediate response rotary-assets. It also provides security for the world's highest visibility flight line and is responsible for ceremonial support with the United States Air Force Band, Honor Guard, and Air Force Arlington Chaplaincy.
Chief Daniels entered the Air Force in March 1992. He graduated from the law enforcement specialist course at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, in July 1992. His background includes various duties in security forces at the unit, group, and Headquarters Air Force levels. His assignments include bases in Florida, New Mexico, Washington D.C., and California. He has also served overseas in South Korea, Japan, Germany, Turkey, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, and deployed in support of Operations Southern Watch, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 39th Air Base Wing on Incirlik Air Base, Turkey.
1996 Airman Leadership School, Eglin AFB, Fla.
1999 Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun AS, Germany
2005 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Ramstein AB, Germany, by correspondence
2008 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, by correspondence
2008 U.S. Marine Corps Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Quantico, Va.
2010 Bachelor of Arts degree in homeland security, American Military University
2011 Executive Certificate in Leadership & Management, University of Notre Dame
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, Joint Forces Staff College, by correspondence
2016 Command Chief Master Sergeants Training Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2017 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina
2017 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense Business, Duke University
1. March – May 1992, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. May – July 1992, student, Law Enforcement Specialist Technical School, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. July – August 1992, student, Air Base Ground Defense School, Fort Dix, N.J.
4. August 1992 – August 1996, Installation Entry Controller & Patrolman, 96th Security Police Squadron Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. August 1996 – August 1997, Air Base Defense Staff NCO, 8th Security Police Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
6. August 1997 – July 2002, Law Enforcement Desk Sergeant & Criminal Investigator, 18th Security Forces Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
7. July 2002 – August 2006, Flight Chief, NCOIC, Plans & Programs, NCOIC, Standardization & Evaluation, 435th Security Forces Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. August 2006 – July 2008, NCOIC, Weapons System Security, 39th Security Forces Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey
9. July 2008 – September 2009, Flight Chief, Police Transition Team, Detachment 3, 732nd Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Forward Operating Base Falcon, Baghdad, Iraq
10. September 2009 – June 2011, Operations Superintendent, 377th Security Forces Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
11. June 2011 – June 2012, Security Forces Manager, 377th Weapon System Security Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
12. June 2012 – October 2013, Manager, Force Protection and Operations Division, Security Forces Directorate, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
13. October 2013 – October 2014, Security Forces Manager, 380th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Al-Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates (June – August 2014, Superintendent, 405th Air Expeditionary Group, Thumrait AB, Oman)
14. October 2014 – March 2016, Security Forces Manager, 30th Security Forces Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
15. April 2016 – August 2017, Superintendent, 30th Mission Support Group, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
16. August 2017 – July 2018, Command Chief, 39th Air Base Wing, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
17. July 2018 – Current, Command Chief, 11th Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver and one bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with four bronze oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with one silver and four bronze oak leaf clusters
Southwest Asia Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Iraq Campaign Medal with oak leaf cluster
Korean Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
2004 John L. Levitow Award, NCO Academy
2004 435th Air Base Wing NCO of the Year
2005 USAFE Security Forces Staff Level SNCO of the Year
2007 39th Air Base Wing SNCO of the Year
2007 USAFE Security Forces Staff Level SNCO of the Year
2010 AFMC Security Forces Staff Level SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant April 2013
(Current as of July 2018)