MSgt Jennifer Bricker, Readiness NCO
Military & Family Support Center (MFSC)
1191 Menoher Drive
Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762
"HERE FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY BEFORE, DURING, & AFTER THE DEPLOYMENT"
DEPLOYMENT PRODUCTS & SERVICES:
If you are anticipating separating/retiring within 90 days upon your return from deployment you MUST contact either the JB Andrews (301-981-7087) or Pentagon (703-693-9460) Military & Family Support Center to schedule your CONGRESSIONALLY MANDATED Pre-separation counseling BEFORE deploying.
· Routine calls maybe placed from your home to the Joint Base Andrews operator, (301) 981-1110, after regular duty hours (specifically you may call 1700-0700/5:00pm-7:00am) or anytime on Saturdays, Sundays, or Federal Holidays. When speaking to the operator, state that your call is a Hearts Apart call and give your name and military member's DSN number. (DSN number must be provided by the military member initially)
· Each family is allowed 1 morale call per week to their military or DoD civilian member serving a remote tour or deployed/TDY for over 14 days. If you are outside the Joint Base Andrews area, any long distance charge to connect to the base operator is responsibility of the caller.
· If the call is preempted or disconnected before 3 minutes of conversation, you may call the operator back and be reconnected
· Official Duty calls take precedence
· OPTIONS BESIDES ANDREWS FOR MILITARY MEMBERS TO PATCH THROUGH TO CALL HOME:
*Military members may contact the Pentagon switchboard at DSN 227-1201/0101 to connect free to all Washington, DC, all of Maryland, and Virginia phone numbers with 703, 571, 540 & 804 area codes.
*To connect to non-DC/MD/VA phone numbers, members will need DSN access and a calling card. You will be charged either on a calling card or collect call rates from these systems. These systems can be used anytime, day/night. Since it does not go through an operator, your time on the phone is not monitored.
1) Dial 88 for DSN access
2) Dial 212-884-2062, press "7" after the dial tone (Tinker AFB,OK ) ~OR~ dial 312-635-4663, press "6" after the dial tone (Ft Campbell, KY)
3)Dial your calling card toll free number
Check out www.daddydolls.com for more information or to order when vouchers are not available.
E-mail photos for pillowcases for loved ones to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNITED THROUGH READING:
Connecting with those you love while down range!
· Video recorded book readings available for deploying personnel
· All books/equipment provided
· Available to your child ANYTIME - better than Skype!
***Provided by appointment, contact TSgt Amanda Mocanu, email@example.com
or (301) 981- 0063 to schedule
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
Like Joint Base Andrews Military and Family Support Center
' to stay plugged in and up to date on events for deployed families, information and resources as well as happenings around the base!
· For more info, call: 703-693-8906.
MILITARY & FAMILY LIFE COUNSELOR (MFLC)
· Confidential, one-on-one or family counseling to assist members and their families in coping with military and family life issues. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
· Joint Base Andrews MFLC- (301) 456-4256; Pentagon MFLC- (703) 835-3325; Fort Meade MFLC- (410) 916-7354.
AIR FORCE AID SOCIETY PRESENTS: GIVE PARENTS A BREAK
· Free childcare at designated dates/times via Joint Base Andrews CDC & Youth Center. Childcare registration required. Deployment orders needed for validation. Visit MFSC to receive voucher/dates/times.
MILITARY ONE SOURCE
· Several resources to help with the many facets of military life. Services, information, and tools available all at the click of a mouse to support our military members and their families. www.militaryonesource.mil.
· Info on free tickets, events. Registration for e-mail notifications available at www.usometro.org
· Please remember to schedule your reintegration briefing at the MFSC upon your return. These briefings are held Mondays and Thursdays at 0800 and 1100 in bldg. 1191, located on Menoher Drive. Call 301-981-7087 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
to sign up.