Col. Todd E. Randolph is the Commander of the 316th Wing and Installation Commander for Joint Base Andrews-Naval Air Facility Washington, Maryland. As the host wing for Joint Base Andrews, the 316th Wing provides security, personnel, contracting, finance, medical and infrastructure support for five wings, three headquarters, and more than 80 tenant organizations, as well as 60,000 Airmen and families in the National Capital Region and around the world. Additionally, the 316th Wing supports contingency operations in our nation’s capital with immediate response rotary assets. It also provides security for the world’s highest visibility flight line and is responsible for operations of the Air Force Memorial and the Air Force Arlington Chaplaincy.
Prior to this assignment, Col. Randolph was the Commander, 27th Special Operations Mission Support Group at Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico. The 27 SOMSG provides base support and services activities to ensure mission readiness of the 27th Special Operations Wing, including facility construction and maintenance, housing, food service, law enforcement, fire protection, explosive ordnance disposal, disaster preparedness, communications, personnel support, lodging, recreation, supply, contracting, transportation, logistics plans and other base services supporting 6,500 military personnel, civilian employees, their families and 6,000 retirees for all units and associated organizations on Cannon.
Col. Randolph hails from Baltimore, Maryland, where he enlisted in the Air Force in 1989. After completing basic military training and technical school, he served 11 years in the Mental Health career field before earning his commission as a distinguished graduate from Officer Training School in 2000. His experiences include assignments as section commander, flight commander, executive officer and deputy A1 at the Numbered Air Force level, and Executive Officer for the Air Force Air Demonstration Team, the “Thunderbirds”. Additionally, while assigned to the Secretary of the Air Force, Inspector General’s office, he served on a 365-day deployment as the U.S. Forces-Iraq, Joint Operations, Deputy Chief Borders Division, Baghdad, Iraq, where he worked with the Iraqi Ministers of Interior and Defense to assist the Iraqi government with securing its borders and boosting economic prosperity.
1998 Associate of Applied Science, Allied Health, Community College of the Air Force
1998 Associate of Arts, Mental Health, Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, Texas
1999 Bachelor of Science and Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, Texas
2002 Master of Science, Quality Systems Management, The National Graduate School, Falmouth, Mass.
2004 Squadron Officer School by correspondence
2007 Squadron Officer School in Residence, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence
2012 Government Affairs Institute, Georgetown University, Legislative Studies Certificate, Washington, D.C
2012 Air Force Legislative Fellowship, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
2017 Master of Science, National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort Lesley McNair, Washington D.C.
1. May 2000 - October 2002, Squadron Section Commander, 89th Security Forces Squadron, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
2. May 2002 - July 2003, Chief, Relocation & Employments, 89th Mission Support Squadron, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
3. July 2003 - October 2004, Section Commander, HQs Eighth Air Force, Barksdale Air Force Base, La.
4. November 2004 - November 2006, Executive Officer, U.S. Air Force “Thunderbirds”, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
5. December 2006 - June 2007, Executive Officer to the Vice Commander & Deputy Director of Personnel, Air Warfare Center, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. June 2007 - June 2009, Commander, Manpower and Personnel Flight; Yokota Air Base, Japan
7. June 2009 - July 2011, Chief, MAJCOM Investigations, Secretary of the Air Force, Office of the Inspector General, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7a. July 2010 - May 2011, (Deployed), Deputy Chief, J35 ISF-Borders, United States Forces-Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq
8. June 2011 - December 2012, In-Residence IDE Student, Air Force Legislative Fellow, Senator Ben Nelson (NE), Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
9. January 2013 - July 2013, Chief of Congressional Operations Branch, Congressional Actions Division, Secretary of the Air Force, Office of the Director, Legislative Liaison, Washington, D.C.
10. July 2013 - July 2015, Commander, 87th Force Support Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix- Lakehurst, N.J.
11. July 2015 - July 2016, Deputy Chief, Air Force Learning Division, Headquarters Air Force, Manpower, Personnel & Services, Directorate of Airman Force Development, Washington D.C.
12. July 2016 - June 2017, In-Residence SDE Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
13. July 2017 - July 2018, Deputy Chief, Airman and Family Care Division, Headquarters Air Force, Manpower, Personnel and Services, Directorate of Services, Washington D.C.
14. July 2018 - November 2019, Assistant Director, Joint Officer Management Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
15. December 2019 - June 2020, Acting Deputy Director, Force Management Policy, Officer and Enlisted Personnel Management, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
16. July 2020 - June 2022, Commander, 27th Special Operations Mission Support Group, Cannon Air Force Base, N.M.
17. June 2022 - Present, Commander, 316th Wing, Joint Base Andrews-Naval Air Facility Washington, Md.
Legion of Merit Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, March 2000
First Lieutenant, March 2002
Captain, March 2004
Major, October 2009
Lieutenant Colonel, December 2013
Colonel, January 2020
(Current as of Jul 2022)