Home : Home : Visitor Control Center
VCC Information



The Visitor Control Center is closed on federal holidays and AFDW/316th Wing observed Family Days. As always, sponsors are encouraged to submit visitor requests in advance, but same-day passes can still be obtained from the Main Gate outside of Visitor Control Center hours. 

1832 M. Bond Dr, JBA, MD 20762



Open 6 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday - Friday; 

8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.

***UPDATE*** (17 FEB, 2021) JBA Access Policy Change
*UPDATE*** (17 FEB, 2021) JBA Access Policy Change
***UPDATE*** (17 FEB, 2021) JBA Access Policy Change

Unofficial Visitor Access:

Due to the suspension of the Trusted Traveler program, all escort authority for installation access to JBA is also suspended, indefinitely. Unofficial visitors must request an Unofficial Visitor Base Pass from the VCC. Passes may be requested through JBA's new base access program called DBIDS Virtual Enrollment and Pass System (DVES).

Requesting access through DVES:

FIRST: View the DVES tutorial DVES Virtual Pass Procedures

SECOND: Pre-enroll in DBIDS through their DVES Link: https://dbids-global-enroll.dmdc.mil

THIRD: Fill out the 316th SSPTS Unofficial Base Access Request: Request Form

DVES will allow a sponsor and guest to provide the Joint Base Andrews Visitor Control Center (VCC) a request for base entry virtually, enabling the sponsor to receive a pass for their guest online, without walking into the VCC. Utilizing the DVES system, the sponsor and guest do not have to wait in line for a pass and, by planning ahead, can avoid last minute delays related to their visit.
The VCC recommends requesting base access through DVES at least 3 days (72 hours) prior to the planned visit. The VCC will create the pass and send the pass via email to the sponsor, who in turn will forward the pass to their guest. The guest can then print out the pass (recommended) or electronically present the pass via their mobile phone, tablet, or other electronic device, to a Defender at any of JBA's Base Entry Control Points to enter the installation. As an added convenience to those who already possess a state-issued REAL-ID Act compliant Identification Card or Driver's License, their base access permissions can be programmed on their ID, eliminating the extra step of printing the pass. The guest would simply present to the base entry Defender their ID to scan in order to be granted access to the installation.

Please review the accompanying attachment for detailed step-by-step instructions and requirements to utilize DVES here on JBA. The guest can request a base access pass via DVES from home. The sponsor's guest requesting access can create a DBIDS profile prior to coming to the Visitor Control Center through the pre-enrollment website:  https://dbids-global-enroll.dmdc.mil  only if they do not already have a profile. Please note that the pre-enrollment website may be used to establish a guest profile, but does not grant the guest any base access privileges. If the sponsor does not have a .mil email address, they will still need to utilize the current in-person sponsor procedures. Questions regarding the DVES program can be addressed to the JBA VCC at 301-981-0232. See attachment: DVES Virtual Pass Procedures

All same day unofficial (i.e. personal) JBA guests who are not in possession of an authorized base access credential, issued a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) pass, or on the official Base Access List (BAL) must process through to the VCC for identity proofing, background vetting (Fitness), and pass issuance with their sponsor or meet their sponsor at the Main Gate during after-hours access requests.

Unofficial Foreign Visitor Request:

Due to recent changes to Air Force base access policies, all unofficial, aka personal, foreign visitors wishing to access Joint Base Andrews must undergo additional background checks and processing before being issued a visitor's pass. This includes a non-U.S. citizens who hold a foreign passport and are not a U.S. permanent resident or do not have DoD identification that would otherwise grant them base access.

The processing and additional background checks can take up to 30 additional days to complete, receive approval, and the visitor to be issued a pass.  Passes can be issued for up to one month (30 days). Sponsors should submit the visitor's information to 316.SPT.Visitor.Center@us.af.mil at least 30 days prior to the planned date of the visit.  Please provide the visitor's: full name, date of birth, country of origin, passport and Visa number (if applicable), country identification number/Social Security number equivalent, and a landscape picture of all passport data pages with the passport holder's photo and a picture of any visas.

Any questions can be addressed to the Visitor Control Center.

Official Visitors

For official visitors, or visitors accessing the installation for an official purpose (government contractors, non-DoD guests of an organization, etc.), they must contact the host organization's designated official base access sponsor.

Please feel free to call the VCC at (301) 981-0689/0232 regarding any questions or concerns.

Gaining Access

JBA is a closed installation and proper identification is required to gain access.  Proper identification includes but is not limited to:

- DOD Common Access Cards
- Military Retiree ID cards
- Military Dependent ID cards
- State/Federal Law Enforcement (ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS)
- Sponsored Guest (i.e. DBIDS card holders)
- Contact Visitor Center Staff for other exceptions

NOTE:  State-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards with the statement of "Not Valid For Federal Purposes," "Federal Limits May Apply" or any other similar phrases can no longer be used for establishing identity. See examples:

U.S. Passports or other valid form of photo identification, social security card, and birth certificate may be used. Please refer to the Department of Homeland Security website for the most current state updates.

The moratorium on using expired IDs has ended as of 31 Jan. 2022, and all IDs will start to be confiscated at the gates again. If an individual comes to the VCC with proof they are coming onto base for a new ID appointment, the VCC can create them a pass to make that appointment.

  1. Will the sponsor be notified if their guests have been denied base access?

Yes, the VCC staff will contact you via email or by the phone number you provided if your guest(s) have or have NOT been granted access.  If your guest(s) do not meet background vetting (Fitness) you may apply for an Exception to Policy for your guest.  For this process contact the VCC at (301) 981-0689/0232. 


2.  Will the VCC receive packages and mail?

The Visitor Control Center will not receive delivery of packages or mail from Amazon, USPS, UPS, FedEx, or any other carrier. Any and all packages or mail sent to the Visitor Control Center will be rejected, and returned to the carrier. Please use your on-base address for all personal deliveries. Thank you.


3. Can I call the VCC for operator services?

The Visitor Control Center is unable to act as an operator service or base locator. We do not have the capability to redirect incoming calls to other offices. Please contact the base operator at 301-981-1110 for these services.


4. Are unofficial foreign national visitors authorized to be on JBA unescorted?

Unofficial foreign national visitors are not authorized to be on JBA unescorted at any time.  All foreign nationals that are on unofficial visits e.g., family members will have to stop by the VCC with identification credentials/passport and be vetted.  Once properly vetted, VCC staff will issue a DBIDS paper pass not to exceed 30 days that will state "authorized base access with escort by approved ID holder only."  If you are requesting information regarding official visits by foreign personnel, please contact the VCC.


5. Can I leave my vehicle parked in the VCC parking lot?

No, any vehicle left for more than 15 minutes unattended in the VCC parking lot will be subjected to vehicle being ticketed and/or towed.


6. I lost my CAC. How can I get another one?

Civilian/military member will report to the VCC with their valid driver’s license compliant with the REAL ID Act, current proof of registration and insurance with expiration to acquire a pass. If member does not have proof of insurance, we will accept it from the phone or they can have their insurance company fax it to 301-981-8292. All members must have a valid physical registration, we will not accept digital or copies.


7. Are contractor or oversize vehicles authorized through any gate on JBA?

No, all contractor and oversized vehicles have to enter through the Pearl Harbor Gate’s search pit. Any vehicle with company logo decals or labels is considered a contractor vehicle, even if it is a self-owned business.


To receive a DBIDS card you will need the following:

  • Sponsorship Paperwork (Long-term request letter signed and given by a 577 Sponsor)

  • Valid Driver's License compliant w/ REAL ID ACT , Passport, or Valid State ID

  • Current Vehicle Registration w/ Expiration Date

  • Current Vehicle Insurance w/ Expiration Date

  • Current lease agreement (Housing residents only)

    * JBA does not accept other installation issued DBIDS cards for base access. 

    ** Non US Citizens will have to show Proof of Resident Alien Card/ Employment Authorization Card and Social Security Card in addition to the documents listed above.**




We assist with numerous military/civilian needs such as:

  • *Short-term guest access (Sponsorship for official visits requires a CC-directed trusted agent)

  • *DBIDS or long-term access (Sponsorship for official visits requires a CC-directed trusted agent)

  • Access to protection level areas (will require Security Manager approval)

  • Virtual out-processing

  • Hardship Passes (Requires First Sergeant/CC signature)

  • BX/Commissary Access (Requires signed letter from the 316th Force Support Squadron)

    *Short/Long term briefings will only be conducted by appointment on Tuesday and Pathfinder Security Managers/Commanders on Thursday from 0700-1400. Contact the VCC at 301-981-0689 to schedule 577 briefing.*



First visit for Veterans and Caregivers (VHIC). 

Upon the first visit to the installation, all Veterans and Caregivers must stop at the Visitor Control Center during hours of operation. Veterans and Caregivers may enroll for recurring access, which would allow them to proceed to the gate for entry upon subsequent visits without having to stop again at the Visitor Control Center.

As with all other individuals seeking access to DoD installations, all eligible Veterans and Caregivers must pass a basic on-the-spot background check prior to enrolling, and an automated check each time they enter the installation. Veterans and Caregivers with felony convictions, felony arrest warrants, or other types of derogatory information related to criminal history or terrorism will not be permitted entry. 

Note:  Depending on the type DoD installation base disqualifiers may differ.

For further information please visit this website. https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/68479/veterans-need-vhic-for-in-person-commissary-military-exchange-and-mwr-access/


For any comments, questions, or concerns about entry contact us at 301-981-0689.

Frequent Links

Joint Base Andrews Air & Space Expo

Base Access Procedures

ID Card appointments

Newcomers information

Studio Photos button


Consolidated Calendar of Events

Liberty Park